The holidays are magical in McCall. The snow covers the ground, the lights twinkle in windows and there is plenty of merry cheer. This small Idaho town, tucked away in the mountains in the middle of the state, is welcoming to visitors and locals alike. Join us in our top six holiday events of this year:
- Holiday Ice Show. December 29th and 30th at the Manchester Ice Center. Come celebrate the holiday season on ice. Special guest performers from the North Pole and local skaters from the McCall Figure Skating Club and the Manchester Ice and Event Centre come together for a spectacular show.
- World Class Christmas Tree Lot. Every Friday evening and Saturday and Sunday in the Alpine Village Parking Lot. Help young athletes achieve their dreams with the McCall Winter Sports Club. Pick your Grand Fir, Colorado Spruce or Norway Spruce Trees — all proceeds support the athletes and their families for their skiing education.
- The Roseberry Christmas Market. December 9th through 10th. This will be a festive evening market showcasing delicious foods, mulled wine and lots of artisanal wares, modeled after the holiday markets in Europe. The historic barn will be shimmering in twinkling lights to create a relaxing and exciting holiday shopping environment with many interactive activities as well.
- Into the Light, A Solstice Yoga Class. December 21st at the Shanti Yoga Studio. Honoring the turning of our hemisphere back into the light, this will be an evening of poetry, music and yoga. They seek to bring attentiveness to your yoga practice as a way to illumination.
- Ski with Santa! December 25th at the Brundage Mountain Resort. Santa Claus spends the morning on the slopes spreading holiday cheer from10am – noon, then heads downtown to the Activity Barn for tubing and photos in his sleigh from 1 – 3pm. Look for his friend Bruno, the Brundage Bear, to make an appearance, too!
- Christmas Dinners at Shore Lodge. December 24th and 25th at The Narrows. Enjoy The Narrows’ signature menu items, plus be sure to indulge in some exciting holiday additions. Dinner runs form 5:30 – 10pm on the 24th and from 4 – 8pm on the 25th. Reservations are required – so be sure to call 208.634.2244 or reserve online at here.