Graham crackers, chocolate bars, and marshmallows – a quintessential American favorite and childhood pastime, has long been a nightly tradition at Shore Lodge. Relaxing under a starry night sky on rocking chairs with the crackling firepit illuminating the smiling faces of your friends and family telling stories – this is the stuff long-lasting memories are made from.
As we temporarily swap fire pits for video chats, the tradition of heart-to-hearts over gooey s’mores may dwindle away… if you let it. But we’re encouraging you to replicate the Shore Lodge S’mores Station that you know and love in your own home.
Until you’re back here again, check out these unique, unexpected twists on the classic dessert! And though we love keeping with tradition, that doesn’t mean you can’t create a new one – turn those fireside moments into a virtual activity! Share your favorite recipe with someone you love and plan a s’mores night video chat. We guarantee this sweet treat, and even sweeter endeavor, will make catching up and winding down a whole lot better.
Nutella Peanut Butter S’mores Dip
What you need:
- 1 bag jumbo marshmallows
- 10 Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 4-5 Hershey’s milk chocolate bars, broken up
- 7 tbsp Nutella
- 7 tbsp peanut butter
- Graham crackers (for dipping)
- 8 x 8 inch baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a greased pan, layer broken up Hershey’s bars over Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Add Nutella and peanut butter on top.
- Bake in oven to begin melting the chocolate for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and add marshmallows.
- Bake for 20 minutes until marshmallows are golden.
- Take out pan and let cool just a little, then dig in with your graham crackers, being careful with the hot pan.
What you need:
- Graham crackers
- Variety of gourmet chocolates, such as 70% cacao chocolate, white chocolate with raspberries, or dark chocolate orange
- 1 pack each of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ vanilla bean, seeds removed
- Salted caramel sauce
- Almond butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together berries, sugar, and vanilla.
- Spread onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fruit is soft and tender. Allow to cool.
- Roast marshmallows over your stove using the skewers.
- Assemble s’mores any way you want!
- “Smush” together and eat.
What you need:
- 4 whole graham crackers, coarsely crushed
- 24 lollipop sticks
- 24 jumbo marshmallows
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- Place crushed crackers in a shallow bowl.
- Insert one lollipop stick into each marshmallow.
- Roast marshmallows over stove. Allow to just slightly cool.
- Dip two-thirds of each marshmallow in melted chocolate, allow excess to drip off.
- Dip in cracker crumbs.
Was there ever a better time than now to hang out while we’re hanging in? Whether that means a fun DIY project with the kids, a sunset walk through the neighborhood, or whipping up an amazing s’mores recipe, we’re in.
Tried it? Share your s’more and tag us @ShoreLodge! In the meantime, we’ll keep the fires warm for your return to Shore Lodge.