Ready to head out on your summer adventures in McCall, Idaho? Here are a few helpful tips on what to pack to get the most out of your mountain-lake vacation.
Pack it Up
- With all the outdoors activities, and daylight lasting well after 9pm, you’ll be exposed to quite a lot of sunshine, and seemingly endless opportunities in which to enjoy it. So rather than miss out on an incredible backcountry hike due to a sunburn from a day spent on the lake, be sure to load up on sunscreen and maybe get a little bit of indoor downtime in between activities.
- Proper Footwear:
- McCall offers very varied ways in which to enjoy the great outdoors. And each of these exciting possibilities requires a specific style of shoe to get the most out of your experience.
- Hiking – hiking boots (that was an easy one!)
- Swimming & strolling – flip flops or sandals
- Whitewater rafting & hot springs hopping – Water shoes like Chacos or Tevas. Tennis shoes can work, but please be aware that they will get wet.
- Mountain biking, – sneakers
- Swim Suit:
- You can’t visit McCall without diving into one form of aquatic adventure or another. Trek local hot springs, swim on Payette Lake, or immerse yourself in The Cove’s saltwater immersion pools. Either way, you’ll be glad you arrived ready to make a splash.
- Up at an elevation of 5,000 feet, the air really is different. Be prepared to head into dry climate – and its effects on your skin – with heavy moisturizers and lip balm.
- While the summer days bring sunshine and warmth to our small town, the nights can still get on the cool side. When packing, be sure to add some layers to your wardrobe such as a couple of light cardigans or shawls.
Leave it Home
Now that you’re ready to pack your essentials and travel faves, here’s a list of what to leave at home. Whether you choose to stay grounded or dive into lake adventures, Shore Lodge offers the big equipment you need for your summer adventures. As a guest of Shore Lodge, you’ll have access to:
- Cruiser Bikes (complimentary)
- Mountain Bikes
- Wake Boards
- Paddle Boards
- Sail Boats
- Water Skis
- Life Jackets
- Fishing Poles
And for items that get left behind (it’s inevitable, really), be sure to head to The Mercantile at Shore Lodge for all your travel essentials, from artisanal souvenirs, to toiletries and weather-appropriate clothes.